As the United States is a country many of whose citizens love the outdoor life, perhaps many reading this will already be familiar with the piece of gear I discuss, and may even recognize some of the models on this list of the best tactical shovels.
Top 10 Rated Tactical Shovels of 2020
- Shovel Material: High Alloy Steel Handle Material: Aluminum Alloy Other Material: Rubber / Nylon / 3CR13 Stainless Steel Package Size: 10.6 x 7.1 x 2.6Inch
- 16 functions: Magnesium rod,easy to make fire, snow excavators, scoops, saws, axes, picks, mulberry, bottle opener, rescue whistle, magnesia rod, fire ice cream, fish knife, hammer, nail pullover , Ruler, wrench, hammer and so on
- Features: High alloy steel material; surface oxidation rust prevention; shovel board 0.25cm/0.1inch thickness, strong enough to endure the toughest conditions
- Portable: Small folding size with storage bag, can be put in backpack. Portability is convenient for design based on ergonomics , Foldable, removable, easy to install. Easy to adjust to 3 different length
- Application: The must-haves for surviving in the outdoors, like camping, fishing, cooking meal, exploring, traveling, hiking
- ►UNBREAKABLE AND LIFETIME WARRANTY- From casting craft and all in one mould from heat-treated High Quality SOLID Carbon Steel,there is no weak part or weld part.So Zune Lotoo tactical shovel is unbreakable. 10mm joint part makes the shovel head 3 times stronger than the normal.And 486 Kg bearing it is.Also buyers could have life long warranty. ►►►The 2 extnesion tubes are lighter gray.There is some color difference.If you mind it,please donot buy,thank you.
- ►FAST LOCK ADJUSTMENT-(Patent number,ZL201430128353.0) You can lock or unlock it quickly in 1 second instead of wresting and wresting back tediously.Zune Lotoo shovel head is adjusted by one button.
- ►UNIQUE 6 SHIFTS SHOVEL HEAD-Zune Lotoo camping shovel makes the shovel head adjustable at 6 angles to help you save labor at different situations,for example, 30°,45°,60°,115°,135° and 180°.
- ► 23 TOOLS IN ONE MULTI TOOL-More than 23 survival tools as survival gear are combined together in Zune Lotoo Annihilate F3 camping shovel,like a hiden tactical knife(blade,3.6 Inch),a strong axe,a fast hoe,an emergency whistle,a sharp shovel,a fire rod etc,practical enough for Off-roading,Camping,Hiking,4 Wheeling,SUVing,Backpacking,Fishing,Disaster Recovery,Expeditionist,RV Camping,Cadets,Scouts,Military Personnel,Hikers,Camper,Hunter,Fisherman,Gardener,Survivalist,Gold Digger,Truck driver.
- ►FOLDABLE AND PORTABLE-With 5 handles assembled,36 INCH.Zune Lotoo F3 folding shovel is an essential gadget to add to your outdoor first aid survival kit/gear. Easily fit the foldable entrenching tool in your optional backpack, or the trunk of your vehicle. Dig your car tires out of snow, mud, or ice, or use the shovel head as a glass breaker in an emergency.TIPS.THE BACKPACK IS NOT INCLUDED IN THIS LISTING.IF YOU NEED IT,PLEASE BUY IT SEPARATED,THANK YOU.
- Unbreakable Survival Shovel - This survival tool set constructed with military-grade solid carbon steel with aerospace-grade anodized aluminum tubes that make it sturdy enough deal with survival activities or car/truck emergency
- Mufti-functional - This ultimate survival shovel incorporates 12 other functions and tools, including a shovel, hoe, saws, bottle opener, cleaver, whistle, knife, fish scaler, emergency hammer, flat-blade screwdriver, and 4 size wrench. These functions will ensure you survive camping with your kids
- Collapsible and Portable - This camping shovel can be folded and expanded by twisting lock for secure storage and carrying. A durable carry storage bag is coming with the package as camping gifts
- Not just camping - This tactical shovel is perfect for camping, hiking, gardening, backpacking, hunting, traveling, expedition, car emergency, and outdoor survival
- Satisfaction Guarantee - Lifetime warranty with 100% satisfaction and zero hassle returns guaranteed. With this military-level survival shovel, you have the last piece of camping and survival tool you will ever need
- Made of quality carbon steel which is high-strength and wear-resistant; the handle and extension bars were made by Aerospace Grade Aluminum alloy. This camping shovel is practicability, functionality and security.
- The LIANTRAL SHOVEL AXE SET is a great innovation for the adventurer. Compare to other shovel, it comes with a survival axe which allows customer to replace the tools of the shovel or the axe to meet your different needs.
- Package including a shovel board(built-in hexagonal wrench, saw, ruler, rope cutter), an axe head, a multifunctional knife, a whistle and flint, an ice axe, a safety hammer, 2 extension bars.
- Assemble required, thanks to the detachable function, it's more convenience to carry for camping, backpacking. Comes with a store bag, it also would be a decent car emergency survival kits without taking much space.
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 pounds.
- BARELY BIGGER THAN YOUR HAND: That’s the size of the Entrenching Tool when folded; this camp shovel, snow shovel, sand shovel or gardening shovel works as a small shovel for big jobs
- 18.25 INCH FULL LENGTH, 24.5 OUNCES: Foldable military shovel and hunting shovel w/ a wood saw edge and a rotating spade shovel blade to use as a pick or hoe; versatile E tool w/ strong shovel handle
- 3-WAY FOLDING DESIGN: Hand shovel collapses into a portable outdoor shovel, emergency shovel and hiking shovel; a compact E tool for your camping gear that’s not as bulky as other shovels for digging
- HIGH-CARBON STEEL CONSTRUCTION AND CARRY CASE: Super durable for a mini shovel; pack it into its small shovel case and carry it on your back pack or belt
- SOG TACTICAL SHOVEL FOR LIFE: Take care of your folding shovel and we’ll take care of you; SOG shovels for digging are built to last, and we consider all repair and replacement requests
- Why TYGER ? US patent pending shovel forged to last from military grade solid carbon steel and aerospace grade anodized aluminum tubes.
- Comes with unique instant switch mechanism. Simply pull the slider to switch modes in seconds. Fast and Sturdy!
- 16-in-1 multifunction for Off-roading, Camping, Hiking, 4-Wheeling, SUVing, Backpacking, Fishing, Disaster Recovery, Expeditionists, RV Camping, Cadets, Scouts, Military Personnel, Hikers, Camper, Hunter, Fisherman, Gardener, Survivalist, Truck driver, Motorcyclist. Be prepared for any situation!
- This compact shovel can be easily stored in your vehicle to help you dig out tires or break glass in emergencies. The included storage bag allows you to carry the shovel for any outdoor adventures.
- 1 Year TYGER No-Hassle Warranty for manufacturer defect.
- ▶ SUPPORT A SMALL FAMILY CO. - Buy From a Father/Son Business in California & Receive a Lifetime Warranty!
- ▶ MILITARY STYLE E-TOOL - 2lbs of Powder Coated Carbon Steel, Tough Pickax & Sharp Rugged Saw Teeth
- ▶ COMPACT & PORTABLE - Full 23" Long Extended but only 9" x 6" when Folded into FREE Carry Case
- ▶ MULTI-FUNCTIONAL - Shovels = Great Garden Tools, Backpacking Gear and Metal Detector Accessories
- ▶ GUARANTEED 5-STAR EXPERIENCE - If you aren't 100% Satisfied for any Reason We'll Refund Your Money
- Durable: This HARVET shovel is made by stainless steel, which makes it more durable and rust-free.
- Portable: Put in a bag, this shovel is easy to carry.It is a perfect portable shovel for all kinds of outdoor activities, such as,camping, hiking.
- Multi-Function: HARVET shovel bag is an emergency tool bag in lots of situation. Divided into many parts, the shovel has multi-functions not just simply as a shovel. It can be used as hammer, saw, knife and screwdriver.
- Size Adjustable: HARVET multi-function shovel has 3 types of assembly methods, size can be adjusted into 38.8cm(15.27inch),56cm(22inch) and 72cm(28.35 inch); Rod can be adjusted angle of 45/90/180°.
- Guarantee:Customer satisfaction is our priority, money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
- Folding Shovel with Solid and Sturdy Steel Construction! It can be used as a normal camping shovel for digging holes, chopping trees, trenching ditches, or as a gardening tool for planting.It can also be used as an emergency tool in your vehicle.A nice addition to your camping or off roading trip.
- It's a Survival Tool! So much more than just a shovel! It has plenty of cool items that are very useful. Flint to start fires, an emergency whistle for help，a compass for navigation, a bottle opener for drinks, an ice axe to helps on winter fishing excursions, and a fish scaler tool can screw into one bar to act as a "pig-sticker" for spear fishing.The tool serves many purposes, which makes it unique!
- Shovel under Segmented Design allows you to adjust the length by adding or subtracting extender pieces from 14.5”up to 28.3”in size,to meet your specific demands in the field.It can even fit more survival items into the segments inside of the handle.It also comes with a carry bag with belt loop and Velcro latch that can keep all parts neatly stored away as it breaks down to a small carry/storage size.
- Highly recommended to people who spend most of their time outdoors and like to go camping, hiking, fishing backpacking, hunting, off-roading, metal detecting, canoeing, kayaking - whatever you do outdoors.A shovel, survival gear and self defense tool all-in-one.As the saying goes, “it is better to have it, and not need it, than to need it and not have it!”
- Order with Confidence. Yeacool customer satisfaction means all! We fix any problem quickly and offer the best solution to our valued customers in a polite way!! Simply contact us via Amazon message when necessary, enjoy hassle free shopping experience with us!!!
- FEATURES: High alloy steel material; surface oxidation rust prevention; shovel board 0.18cm/0.07inch thickness, strong enough to endure the toughest conditions
- PORTABLE: Small folding size with storage bag, can be put in backpack. Easy to adjust to 3 different length, 24.8inch, 18.5inch, 13.38inch.
- SMART DESIGN: All tools of this folding shovel comes in a carrying pouch , amazingly compact and portable, the shovel folds up and fits in this high quality portable pouch to carry at your side, and thus makes this tactical shovel the best emergency tool.
- MULTI-FUNCTION: digging, sawing, chopping, cutting, picking, prying, hammering, bottle opening, shoveling.High quality steel material,can peel animal skins,scale fish phosphorus,cut the rope;Magnesium and whistle:4.5cm magnesium rod,easy to make fire.
- APPLICATION: The must-haves for surviving in the outdoors, like camping, fishing, cooking meal, exploring, traveling, hiking.
Last update on 2020-07-30 / Affiliate links / Product Images, Titles and Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
Camping aficionados around the globe, though, can benefit from this “Best of” list wherein I examine what I regard as the best four tactical shovels anywhere at any price. (I will also identify for the reader which shovel I think takes first place.)
One need hardly stress to outdoors types the primacy of a fine “E tool,” or entrenching tool among sundry items of gear one might call “indispensable” for camping and life outdoors. Camping, you may find you need to dig a trench around your tent in anticipation of rain or bury the remains of last night’s wild, campfire reveling, and a good, sturdy shovel will be your best ally for the job.
Perhaps, though, the winds around your site are high. You can use a tactical shovel to dig a fire pit and thereby safely have the benefit of fire.
Whether you are camping, fishing, or hiking, having an entrenching tool helps.
My Picks for Best Tactical Shovel, Ranked:
ANTARCTICA Military Folding Shovel, by Antarctica
What ought to be one’s criterion for judging which tactical “E-tool” among the many different ones sold most deserves to be ranked highest?
I think that upon examination and testing the shovel one ranks as best ought to be able to perform, superlatively, any and all functions that would be demanded of it in a real-life camping or outdoor situation. After a lot of careful comparing and judging, I have chosen the Antarctica Military Folding Shovel as my favorite tactical entrenching tool.
So, what tasks, in particular, does Antarctica come equipped to handle with ease?
First, Antarctica is perfect for any typical shoveling job you might come up with, whether camping or at home in your garden.
We’re all in this together. Just like you, we’re closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19. Here are the ways we’re supporting customers, employees, and communities during this difficult time: https://t.co/IZc4CMnHOr pic.twitter.com/xbZHgTxu8e— Amazon (@amazon) March 20, 2020
If you are digging a fire pit, leveling ground for your tent, burying waste, or carrying successive scoops of embers to a Dutch oven to cook with, Antarctica will perform flawlessly. Beyond that, Antarctica is a virtual Swiss Army Knife of camping tools in one unit. It features a knife, a saw, a compass, a whistle, and a magnesium rod for starting fires.
For anything from digging your car out of snow to chopping wood for the fire, Antarctica has your back.
And it is a beautifully rugged and reliable tool, also. Built of high-quality carbon steel and aircraft-grade aluminum alloy, you will only need to buy one of these every once-in-a-very-long-while because it truly is built to last.
Check out how the pieces fit together with seamlessness or test its resilience and hardiness by leaving it in the rain or felling a tree; Antarctica will not rust nor deteriorate and will retain its utility.
Zune Lotoo Annihilate Tactical Shovel, by Zune Lotoo
Among the myriad models and brands of tactical entrenching tools available, Annihilate, manufactured by Zune Lotoo, is one of the most distinguished shovels and “go-to” campsite helpers around, as it is capable of multi-function applicability in the way Antarctica is.
Again, as with Antarctica, when one applies the criterion of this tool meeting real-life demands, it performs quite admirably. This tool is cast “all-in-one” in one mold, and Zune Lotoo claims it is unbreakable. (In my opinion, this tool feels solid enough for this to seem a valid claim.) The smaller, individual tools which the unit entails also perform well, and, as with Antarctica, the saw blade on the shovel head can serve to chop wood.
We believe our role serving customers and the community during this time is an important one. Here is a roundup of how we’re addressing COVID-19 and supporting those directly and indirectly impacted. https://t.co/JgdeudxkYS— Amazon (@amazon) March 16, 2020
One significant “con” of note is the fact that this model seems to frequently come made so as to allow “play” in the shovelhead. By this, I mean that the shovelhead has the capacity to swivel slightly in a fashion that seems potentially problematic, and in reading multiple reviews I discovered that many buyers of this tool mention this “play.”
One “pro” this tool will have over many others is that it features, among its tools, a garden hoe that works well.
I suggested in my review of Antarctica using it to fell a tree and leaving it in the rain so that the shovel’s easy and graceful transcendence of these travails and emergence from them unscathed could testify to its rugged hardiness. I would gladly suggest likewise with this shovel; it is up to the challenge.
Among the numerous shovels that I examined and compared, this was my second favorite. It would handily accomplish (or at least help) almost any survival-related task one might hope it would, from digging a stuck tire out of the snow to pounding in tent stakes.
Tyger Shovel TG-SV8U3217 Military Heavy-duty Folding, by Tyger
How can I follow the glowing above description but with a review of another close second to Antarctica? There is another shovel that, as with Annihilate, I recommend nearly as assiduously as I do Antarctica: The Tyger Military Folding Shovel.
The Tyger is loaded with features, and most of these tools are indisputably priceless on the camping trail. (These are also, predominantly, features that come on each shovel that I review here, and in general, I rank the quality of these “appendix” tools commensurate with the overall ranking by which I identify Antarctica as best, i.e., Antarctica features the best saw blade, Annihilate, the second-best, etc.)
I struggled a bit deciding which, between Annihilate and Tyger, ought to be ranked second, because apart from a caveat I will add now to my review of the Tyger, I like that shovel a bit more than Annihilate.
And, what is that caveat? I add it because it indicates the existence of a possible problem defect in the Tyger–even if such only afflicts a small or tiny percentage of individual specimens–and a problem defect that could be potentially disastrous under some circumstances.
In exactly one customer review I found doing research on this tool, a customer complained that a pivotal bolt, (the lynch-pin that attaches the shovel head to the handle), survived the assembling process only to break into two pieces upon first serious use. The reviewer added, “What if it had broken on the trail, at my campsite? Epic disaster!”
I include this caveat as a consideration I feel is of note, because my access to customer reviews was rather limited, and even with only a handful to examine, I came across this potentially serious problem, which I think is the only “con” I would name.
Otherwise, the Tyger seems a strong rival for Antarctica.
Black Tea Military Folding Shovel, by Black Tea
Although the Black Tea Military Shovel comes in last in my list, and although it comes in at a more budget-friendly price than any other on the list, it is a fine tool and very worth having on the camp trail.
Like each other shovel on this list, it is made of high-temper carbon steel and aircraft grade aluminum. And, like every other entry, it has the popular survival-usage features that the outdoors-minded will most ask for and appreciate on the trail or at the campsite. Axe, saw, knife blade, screwdriver, bottle opener, magnesium fire starter, etc.: This shovel features these and would prove its worth within a weekend on the trail.
We all know, “You get what you pay for,” and in the instance of this shovel, that old saying can be said to point towards an achille’s heel of the product. Without going into tremendous detail, I want to mention that as I rank these shovels for overall quality, so that ranking also applies with respect to sturdiness and ruggedness.
Yes, I mean that the Black Tea shovel is the least sturdily and/or ruggedly built of all four shovels that I review. It alone utilizes plastic in the stead of steel in a few essential components, whereas the other three entries utilize only steel or aluminum throughout.
That difficulty acknowldged, this is, generally, a terrific tool that won’t fail you in even your most rough-and-tumble survival tasks and duties.
I would “sum up” the distinctions between this and the other three entires like so: The Black Tea shovel will do the job!
But: The other three will do it an indefinitely greater number of times.
How to Choose the Right Tactical Shovels
What I recommend as your fundamental strategy for choosing a shovel that will be perfect for you is what I call, “Trust, then Verify.”
My use of the term, “Trust,” at the beginning of my phrase, here, is meant to indicate the first of the two parts of this strategy and pertains to shopping for a shovel initially by examining reviews and advertisements.
TRUST the glowing praise and lists of capacities written in the eye-catching, colorful font on each advertisement. Laws that apply to issues of truth in advertising and the sheer necessity of playing the market with adequate fairness will have compelled the authors of the ads and reviews you read to be generally quite forthcoming about the real strengths of the products.
Identify as many potential “winners” as you care to carefully vet, then initiate phase two of this strategy, and verify the ads by testing specimens of the chosen shovel candidates yourself.
Now, an opportunity to “campsite test” any shovel one has not actually purchased will likely be quite rare, but one can familiarize oneself with tactical shovels generally by renting one from a tool shop and using it at length even in one’s back yard. When you do this, try to find for rent a shovel that has as much in common with the models you have “favorited” in your search as possible.
Then, really give it the works. Dig, saw, cut, entrench, break, hammer, carry and whittle until the tools that come with the shovel have all passed muster with you (or, have failed to do so).
Next, seek an opportunity to examine specimens of the various models you like at a retail store (or elsewhere, if it so happens).
One can approximate, adequately equal to real-life use and for testing and shopping purposes, an application of rigor to an individual shovel specimen even in a store, with no danger of damage to the item.
If it makes you more comfortable, enlist the aid of a shop clerk, and have he or she administer the various tests to hardiness and build quality that you would like to see the shovel go through. Have the shovel put through its paces so completely that enough joints are tested for you to be sure the joints on the shovel are solid in general and do likewise with all other aspects of the build that need to be verified for quality.
Don’t overlook any “appendix” tool that you know you would value and use; If it comes with a bottle opener and you know you would use one, feel the weight of the tool or try to bend it, (you definitely won’t hurt it unless it is radically inferior in quality), or run a similarly appropriate test for any other small tool on the shovel.
If you follow the strategy I detail above, you will complete the “Verify” phase of the process having accomplished solid opinions about which shovels are the strongest in terms of quality, then you can narrow down the field until you have the one you will buy.Conclusion: The Last Word on My Favorite
To me, it is appropriate that Antarctica comes with a moniker that conjures images of icy severity and harsh landscapes because it is rugged in the same spirit as such wilds, itself. It is a very fine and ruggedly-made tool, not excessive in its number of gadgets and rock-solid in the reliability of the ones it does feature.
It’s rock-solid in all of its features.
It gets my first and highest recommendation.