Visit CDC Site to Stay Current with COVID-19
During this time of emergency, people should obtain information from the most reliable sources. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention provides current information on what you can do to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. Visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
It is possible for most viruses to live outside the body for hours or even days at a time. There are many useful sanitizing methods available for getting rid of them, but when it comes to Sars CoV-2 and coronavirus, the most effective method for washing them away is actually soap and water, recommended by WHO.
Popular Antiviral Soap, Hand Sanitizers and Gels
- HIBICLENS ANTIMICROBIAL, ANTISEPTIC SKIN CLEANSER: Hibiclens safeguards against germs for up to 24 hrs, so it's a great choice to fight germs, fungi & bacteria during sports, school, work & home. Hibiclens antibacterial soap is gentle on sensitive skin.
- HOME & HEALTH CARE: Hibiclens Antimicrobial soap is used in hospitals & by doctors for its antiseptic properties. Used as a suface wound cleanser, or to keep hands & skin germ free, Hibiclens antibacterial wash is useful at home & the hospital.
- HIBICLENS KILLS BACTERIA: Hibiclens kills bacteria, viruses & fungi & continues killing germs for up to 24 hours after washing. It’s antibacterial soap that's gentle on even sensitive skin, even with frequent use, & is perfect for cleansing hands or skin.
- HIBICLENS IN HOSPITALS & HOME: Hibiclens is made by Molnycke, a world-leading medical products company aiming for the best patient, clinical & economic outcomes. We strive to find new ways to minimize community & hospital-acquired infections & conditions.
- PROTECT YOURSELF WITH HIBICLENS: Hibiclens antibacterial skin cleanser washes, & protects for up to 24 hours. Try Hibiclens if your family has used Dove Sensitive Skin Body Wash, Safeguard Bar Soap, Dial Antibacterial Soap, or Cetaphil Soap.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN NATURAL TEA TREE OIL AND EUCALYPTUS OIL provide a broad spectrum of benefits effective at helping wash away bacteria and fungus
- PROVEN IN THE WORLD OF CONTACT SPORTS TO EFFICIENTLY REMOVE dirt, grime, gym crud, sweat, smog, allergens, grunge, and built up oils
- HIGHEST QUALITY WASH WITH SUPERIOR RINSING ACTION restores the skin's natural barrier and helps controls the production of sebum and dead skin cells
- HYPOALLERGENIC AND SAFE eucalyptus scent for sensitive skin. Triple milled for quality, consistency and longevity
- NATURAL, FREE & CLEAR with no fragrances, dyes, cosmetics, petrochemical compounds, triclosan, alcohol or sodium lauryl sulfate
- Natural anti-viral ingredients.
- No abrasives or irritants
- Certified Organic
- Kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Continues to kill for up to 24 hours
- Effective against staph including MRSA
- Pack of 12 individually bars, each bar is 110 gr / 3.88 oz
- NEW…Discover the Dettol soap bar
- A new formula that kills 99.9% of bacteria and remove viruses for clean hands and body everyday!
- An improved level of fragrance to deliver at each drop a superior hand and body wash experience for your senses
- Dettol Original soap with a new formula, gives protection causing germs, for your entire family
- ALL NATURAL, NON-GMO, VEGAN INGREDIENTS. Defense products are all natural and contain no synthetic fragrances, no preservatives, no petroleum products, no triclosan, no sodium lauryl sulfate, no chemical detergents, and no animal testing. Pharmaceutical quality and specially formulated for sensitive skin
- CLINICALLY PROVEN NATURAL TEA TREE OIL AND EUCALYPTUS OIL provide a broad spectrum of benefits effective against bacteria and fungus. Together they defend against Ringworm, Athlete's Foot, Body Odor, Foot Odor, Acne, Jock Itch, Toenail & Nail Fungus, Yeast, and other Common Skin Irritations
- PROVIDES A SMOOTH, RICH CREAMY LUXURIOUS LATHER. The richness of the lather is important because rich lather penetrates the skin's pores more effectively. Defense's specially designed proprietary blends deliver these natural ingredients deep into the skin's pores with a high-quality yet deeply penetrating lather
- MOISTURIZES AND SOOTHES ITCHY, SCRATCHY, DRY, INFLAMED SKIN. Infused with Coconut, Jojoba, and Olive Oils to provide healing and moisturizing properties that invigorate and revitalize the skin. Hypoallergenic and safe. Specially formulated for quality, consistency and longevity
- SUPPORTS THE SKIN’S NATURAL ECOLOGY while rinsing free and clear for the highest quality wash. Restores the skin's natural barrier and helps control the production of sebum and dead skin cells. No residual "minty" scents are left on the skin. Only contains the necessary essential oils to strengthen and keep the skin healthy
- Clinically proven natural tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil provide a broad spectrum of benefits effective at helping wash away bacteria, viruses and fungus
- Proven in the world of contact sports to efficiently remove dirt, grime, gym crud, sweat, smog, allergens, grunge and built up oils
- Highest quality wash with superior rinsing action restores the skin's natural barrier and helps control the production of sebum and dead skin cells
- Hypo allergenic and safe eucalyptus scent for sensitive skin. Triple milled for quality, consistency and longevity
- Natural, free and clear with no fragrances, dyes, cosmetics, petrochemical compounds, triclosan, alcohol or sodium lauryl sulfate
- Tea Tree Essential Oil is well known for it's properties which help keep hands clean
- Glycerin and other beneficial ingredients help keep hands feeling smooth and moisturized
- Great for daily use and for all skin types
- Fresh invigorating scent keeps you energized while washing your hands
- Botanic Hearth Tea Tree Oil Hand Soap with Aloe Vera is cruelty free and not tested on animals
- DEFENSE'S FOAMING LIQUID FACE & HAND SOAP is all natural and free of any harsh chemicals
- RICH FOAMING SOAP promotes thorough and effective hand washing
- PROVIDES FULL STRENGTH natural essential oils
- MOISTURIZES, NOURISHES, & SOOTHES itchy, scratchy, dry, inflamed skin
- IDEAL FOR EVERYDAY, EVERYWHERE USE in bathrooms, locker rooms, healthcare, and food facilities
Last update on 2020-06-17 / Affiliate links / Product Images, Titles and Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
This is due to the chemical structure of the virus, which is dependent on a fatty layer which bonds the elements of the virus together. Soap and water can cut through the fatty layer of the virus, scattering its parts and rendering it inactive.
Particles which are launched from a person’s airways due to coughing or sneezing can fly through the air as far as 10 meters, clinging to whatever they land on and drying out while leaving their viral contents active to wait for a new host to pick them up. The virus’s eventual transmission is often a result of physical contact with, for instance, a metal surface which can allow the virus to remain active for a good deal of time.
People often touch their face with their hands, so when they contact active viral matter with their skin they will quickly give the virus access into their bloodstream through their eyes, nose, or mouth.
The good thing about viruses is that they do not require very harsh chemicals to disinfect a surface of them, soap and water are the best method . There is a glue-like bond which develops between the skin and a virus upon contact.
Attempting to wash this material off with only water is often insufficient to break that bond and rid oneself of the risk of infection. Not only does washing with water fail to assure the removal of viral material from the skin, it also fails to scramble the RNA, lipids, and proteins that come together to make up the virus.
This failure to break up the elements of the virus leaves open the possibility that it may continue to actively pose a threat for infection. Soap is made up partially of fat-like substances which vie for a position in the membrane of the virus, attempting to push out and scatter the lipids which naturally hold it together.
Virtually the same function allows soap to remove dirt and other materials from the skin as well.
Nearly all types of disinfectant style cleaning products have very high alcohol content, 60-80 percent normally. Alcohol is a potent virus killer but because it dries quickly and does not coat the skin it has to fully drench the hands and flush viral matter away to be effective.
Gel based sanitizing products and wipes are generally less effective at covering the entire surface of the hand unlike soap and water which spread and cover the hands easily because of their slippery, fatty nature. Without a doubt, soap and water are far better at removing all infectious material from the skin.
We’re all in this together. Just like you, we’re closely monitoring the impact of COVID-19. Here are the ways we’re supporting customers, employees, and communities during this difficult time: https://t.co/IZc4CMnHOr pic.twitter.com/xbZHgTxu8e— Amazon (@amazon) March 20, 2020
Alcohol based hand sanitizer is imperfect, although nonetheless valuable when soap and hot water are unavailable.